Summary of the report of FoP activities in 2008-09, which was presented and discussed at the Annual General Assembly of FoP held on 24.08.10 at Moraitis Winery, Naoussa.
- On 14 December 2009 the FoP co-organised with AMEAI an event in support of people with special needs with Professor N. Bouras as keynote speaker.
- On 7 August 2010 a fund raising “Parian Evening” was held with the main aim of supporting ALKIONI (wild birds sanctuary), which received the sum of € 1800 from the FoP.
- The annual event of FoP took place on 19 August 2010 at AGROKIPIO of Paroikia and was devoted to the Young Farmers of Paros.
- Two issues of the e-Bulletin of the FoP were produced and distributed.
- The FoP addressed a number of issues raised by members and made the necessary representations:
o Clarified with the European Commission the status of the NATURA site in Molos and other parts of the island, and requested the installation of suitable notice boards from the Municipality.
o Requested the intervention of the Municipality in two cases of unauthorised creation of roads at Kounados and Molos.
o Asked the Municipality to reinstate the forest area in Aspro Horio which was destroyed by fire.
o Proposed the restoration of Agrokipio in Paroikia by the Municipality.
o Made representations on the urgency for repairing the “French Monument” which is about to collapse.
- The FoP continued their efforts to coordinate their actions with other local associations, including the confirmation of the memorandum that was agreed in 2006. In this context:
o there is already a regular exchange of information with the Hellenic Society, Archilochos, Nireas and the associations of Drios;
o the FoP members are informed about the activities of other associations of Paros, e.g. PAWS, AMEAI, Cultural and Environmental park of Ai Yiannis Detis, as well as those of the Municipality of Paros.
- Thirteen meetings of the Administration Board of FoP took place and minutes were circulated to all members.
- The website of FoP was reconstructed (www.friendsofparos.gr) and an open group was established on Facebook and has some 500 members.
- A P.O. box address and an e-mail address were acquired.
- The amount of € 480 was used to meet tax liabilities up to and including 2009.