* Contacts with local, national and EU authorities on matters of concern to the island in the sectors of environment, culture and information.
* Fact finding trip to Brussels and hospitality for representatives of 1st and 2nd tier local authorities, in cooperation with Mr K. Botopoulos, MEP. Programme of information meetings at the European Parliament and European Commission, including meetings with EC officials on environmental and other issues.
* Raising the issue of the proposed installation of wind turbines in Paros with letters to the Ministry of Development and Ministry of Environment, Spatial Planning and Public Works.
* Written submissions to the Municipality on the 1st and 2nd phase of the preparation of the spatial plan for Paros.
* Intervention in the European Commission on the national spatial plan for tourism aimed at improving particular provisions.
* Brought to the attention of the Municipality and provided evidence at the invitation of the Prosecutor on the attempted illegal subdivision of land into building plots and construction of dozens of houses in the locations Aspro Horio and Molos (Marmara) of Paros.
* Established and maintained a close cooperation with other Parian organisations, especially in the field of environment.
* Organised jointly with the European Parliament an event in Brussels on “Obama and Europe” and participated in the debate. Over 100 participants. Presentation of the book with same title by Mr K. Botopoulos, MEP.
* Brought to the attention of the municipal and French authorities the urgent need for the underpinning of the French Monument in the location Germanika through letters, contacts and follow-up.
* Letter to the Municipality supporting the erection of signs for the wetlands of Paros and support for the initiative of of the Association Ag. Nicolaos of Molos (Marmara).
* Regular meetings of members of Friends of Paros in Brussels and in Paros.
* Invitation for the submission of nominations for the distinctions to be awarded at the annual event of 2009.
* Planned and organised the successful annual event of 2009 with some 250 participants at which voluntary work recognised and honoured through distinctions awarded to voluntary organisations of Paros: Blood Donnors Association; Association for People with Special Needs and Capabilities AMEAI; Rescue Unit; Women of Naoussa; Animal Protection Association PAWS; and Alkyoni Birds Refuge.