Proceedings of the Annual General Assembly of FoP held on 22.08.11 at Moraitis Winery, Naoussa including the indicative work plan for 2012-2013 [in Greek] and a summary of the main matters discussed with the Mayor of Paros, Mr Vlachogiannis, at a meeting following the General Assembly:
1. The lack of publicity for the recently approved General development Plan for Paros and the need for the preparing the required implementation studies.
2. Concern at the proposed “improvements”to the Paroikia seafront which involve a high cost and could be causing lasting damage to the Cycladic character and scale of Paroikia.
3. The FoP stressed that smaller and low-cost improvements (e.g. creation of pavements and walkways for pedestrians) could have much greater benefits for the local residents and visitors.
4. Concerns at the lack of progress in improving the state of key archaeological assets of the island: the ancient quarries in Marathi; the ancient cemetry in Paroikia; the archaeological museum.
5. Finally, the FoP asked the Mayor in what way they can help the municipality towards the realisation of the goals and strategic actions of the Paros 2020 plan, which have recently been presented in the FoP e-Bulletin No 6.
Τα Πρακτικά της ετήσιας ΓΣ των Φίλων της Πάρου που έγινε στις 22.08.12 στο οινοποιείο Μωραίτη στην Νάουσα και περίληψη της συνάντησης που ακολούθησε με τον Δήμαρχο Πάρου κ. Χρήστο Βλαχογιάννη